Geometry Viewer blue/red checker board

Hello all, I think this is something fundamental which I’m struggling with but it’s really slowing progress. I am using the geometry viewer. When I select the Render TOP, it’s fine. However, when I select either the Geo, Light, or Camera containers all I see in the geometry viewer is a blue/red checker board. I’ve been through all of the menus/dialogues I can find and looked in the documentation. Help!

3D Geometry.toe (5.1 KB)

Hi @DrVenkman,

this sounds like issues with your videocard or videocard drivers. Can you make sure you have the latest installed and also let us know your system specs?

Cheers
Markus

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes I am on the latest build 2020.42700. I’ve attached an image showing my spec.
Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 16.19.30

Hi @DrVenkman,

could you see if the latest official works for you (2020.27390)?

Cheers
Markus

Hi Markus, so I installed that version and I no longer see the red/blue checker board, which is great, thanks for that. I have two questions off the back of that, if that’s ok:

1. Up to now I have been clicking the Update button at the top-right whenever it appears, should I stop doing that in case these issues reoccur?

2. Although the red/blue checker has gone, I now cannot zoom in/out in the geometry viewer with middle mouse wheel, is that right?

Hi @DrVenkman,

great - the bug has been reproduced and we are working on a fix.
The update button has 3 states:

• grey: no updates
  • yellow: a new experimental build is available
  • green: a new official build is available
    If you are happy to try out new things, the experimental builds will give you access to features that have been released but are still being worked on. You will see bugs that are not yet fixed as well as features that will change or might not even make it into an official build. Our recommendation therefor is to stick with official if you are working on productions that will be installed in a shorter timeframe.

Investigating the second issue you have mentioned here.
Cheers
Markus

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve fixed the issue with the checkerboard pattern in the geometry viewer. We’re testing the new build right now and hope to have a new experimental release out soon.

And yes, the mouse wheel zoom in the geometry viewer was a new feature in the experimental release and isn’t available in the 27390 build.

1 Like