HOW TO - Convert/Sort Table Data from Arduino w/ Python

Hello Touch Crew,

I know this is a laymans question and i think I have seen this in some of MRs or Elburz tutorials, but I cant find it again. Its an easy one, I would aprreciate some help. This little tiny thing has me stuck searching all tutorials with no sign of succes. Here is the thing…

Example:

Arduino data comming in via serial. All values are in one row and need to be sorted. How to sort by name, its value and append each in a different table. One cell for name and one for its corresponding value?

Kind regards…THX

SensorPlant_Beta0.0-Upload.toe (3.9 KB)

Example|690x367

I dont have a computer in front of me to test this, but I would use a select dat to get rid of the first row (message) then a convert Dat to separate by comma.
Transform dat to make rows into columns, and then another convert to separate by :
Then a substitute to get rid of ’

Hey FaustoB,

yep this was the right choice…
I was thinking about the python way (executeDat - convert string into float - appendRow in other table),
But this is more straight forward. Haven’t thought about the convertDAT. I post your sollution so everybody can have look at it and learn.

Thx for the help FaustoB…

SensorPlant_Beta0.1-Upload.toe (4.5 KB)

1 Like

Good to hear that it was helpful!
thanks for sharing the file, interesting how you used the FIFO DAT, I didn’t even know that operator existed!
cheers,
Fausto

me either…
Check out this channel on Youtube.Think you’ll recognize the guy :wink: