How to play several audio files simultaneously through audiodevout?

Hi, I am doing a project where I want to add another soundtrack to the currently played one depending on a user input.
For now, all I can do is to switch different soundtracks (using the switch CHOP) depending on the input, but I would like to have more than one soundtrack playing. How could I do that?
Thanks!

The most basic way is to add the audio CHOPs together with a Math CHOP. I’m sure there are other more sophisticated ways of mixing audio ( that perhaps there is a VST for?) but at its most basic mixed audio signals I believe is actually just adding them together.

1 Like

Owen Kirby is very expert at all things audio in TD so have a look at this for more about summing audio:

Simple summing with math TOP definitely works.

1 Like

Great! Thanks a lot! I’ll try that

Adding signals together is ok, but to deal with sums going over 1, use an Audio Dynamics CHOP after all your adding.

1 Like

Or Bileam sometimes just averages left and right audio channel instead of sum them. I should have mentioned that. Or you can sum then normalize.

1 Like

Hey, how did you actually solved it? I just want to be able to press a key on my keyboard and activate a sound until I press the key again, and do that with different sounds allowing them to sound together. I’m a beginner at TD and I’m not so sure about how it could be done. Thank you so much in advance c: