How to project image to person using kinect?

Hello, I’m new to TD.

Now I’m working on a project that ‘projecting image to person’ with using kinect/projector calibration.

The calibration was successful by referring to this document.
(Kinect2 - Projector Calibration)

And the image that I want to project to person is this.
(https://youtu.be/PNr_owSi50o)

I successfully did all two things, but can’t combine them!!

Please help me… Is there any way to combine these two?

Like projecting the silhouette image exactly to person using kinect calibration.

++ I want to make like these videos. Image follows the moving person.

Hey @Ahyeon ,

Which Kinect are you using?
I never tried this again but was thinking that you should be able to do this with the Player Index projected onto a rectangle placed at the players position away from the kinect. The rectangle should have as texture coordinates the type Perspective From Camera and reference a camera that uses the kinect’s Depth Cam intrinsics (you can get to via the python method .depthCameraIntrinsics of the Kinect Azure TOP Class). Then rendering this from the Projectors view should give you the right result.
I don’t have a kinect here so it’s all a bit theoretical. Will try this out next week at the office.

Cheers
Markus

Hello, @snaut !
Thank you for kindest reply and helps!
I’m using Kinect 2.
I’m very new in TD so it looks little bit difficult for me but I’ll try my best following your advise!

I’ll wait for your next week’s try.
Thank you so, so much again!

Hello, @snaut !

I made a new .toe file like this but the image doesn’t follows me(moving person) correctly…
I tried to follow your advise but I couldn’t find Perspective From Camera type so did like this… sorry.

Can you check my .toe file’s problem or share yours?
I’m really struggling with this…:sob:

I’ll wait for your reply.
Thank you!

Hey @Ahyeon,

sorry this took so long. Included is a file with 2 approaches:

• one renders the pointcloud and just uses the playerindex as color
  • the other tries to place a rectangle at the players distance from the camera and projects it onto it.

The first approach seems to be the most successful only falling short at points where you see individual particles. The second approach has a lot of shortcomings as it can’t properl stretch the perspective.

Have a look and hopefully this works.
Cheers
Markus
PlayerIndexMapping.toe (30.0 KB)

1 Like

Hey @Ahyeon,

i just realized that you said you had a Kinect2 - I build this with a Kinect Azure.
Please try the attached file which implements the poincloud render with the player index as the color.

Cheers
Markus
PlayerIndexMapping.Kinect2.toe (26.2 KB)

1 Like