How to work with multiple abletonParameters?

Hi there,

I am attempting to control several different Ableton Live parameters in TDAbleton. The way I have tried to do this is to copy/paste the “parameterBinding”/“abletonParameter1” objects from the demo project and this does not work. I’m not sure if it has to do with naming errors (although new TDA objects automatically rename), with the way the paramaterBinding comp is mapped to the parameter, with the python script inside the parameter, or something else. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I’m happy to help, but I think I can be more helpful if I know what your end goal is. Controlling Live pars from Touch, controlling Touch data from Live, or two-way communication? What parameters in Live are you trying to work with?

Specifically to abletonParameter, the best thing to start with is the blank one in tdAbletonPackage. I am also curious what error message you’re getting for the Track par in your image.

Feel free to post tests that include your .toe file and your live set (use Collect All and Save). Or alternatively you can mail them to ivan@derivative.ca and I’ll check them out.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response. Starting with the blank abletonParameter from the tdAbletonPackage solved the issue! In this instance I am controlling Ableton from TD, although the larger project it is part of will have bidirectional communication.

In case you’re still curious the error message I was getting when copying from the demo a screenshot is attached below.