I have 9 Samsung TVs as my displays for a Gallery Exhibition. What hardware (if any) is required to sync sources?

Hey all,

I have an NFT gallery exhibition coming up in July.

I need to know if Touch Designer is capable of handling this concept.

Concept:

• 8 x 43" 2022 TVs (4 either side of gallery walls) Cycling through in randomised order 2,222 artworks.
  • 1 x 75" 2022 TV for the Main Artwork & video presentation display.
  • 8 x Titan Tubes (lighting) to sync with presentation.
  • 5.1 Surround sound Audio system throughout gallery space.

Common state (20mins)

1 - The 8 x 43" Tvs I plan to randomly cycle through the 2,222 Artworks.
2 - The audio during cycle of artworks is a looping 10min audio file of dark sci-fi drones.
3 - Every 20mins I want those TVs to fade to black.
4 - The Titan Tubes follow/sync to the 8 screens as they fade to black & change colour eg. Blue to Red

Presentation (10mins) [after 8 screens fade to black & lights change colour].

• The Main Artwork screen 75" 2022 then presents a video file (animation) with Audio - 7-10mins.
  • The 8 x 43" TVs remain Black throughout the duration of this presentation.
  • When the Video File ends, the Gallery resets to it’s common state mentioned in step 1 - 4.
  • The entire space loops consistently over the 2 days it is activated to public.

Questions:

1. Firstly - is this presentation & gallery concept possible with Touch Designer?
  2. What are the Hardware (GPU) requirements for running something like this?
  3. How would the TV sources (9 total) be recognised and operated?
  4. Would there need to be any further Hardware in order to manage this number of outputs / sources?
  5. Anything else you geniuses could suggest that I’m not currently considering?

See attached for more clarity of full concept:

Thanks, Froyd.

TouchDesigner is more then capable of doing that, no problem. As long as the content itself is just a video/image then you might even be able to get away with Brightsign-Players.

Using Touchdesigner:

1. Computer for the main-screen + sound + light
  2. 1 Computer with 4 outputs or one Datapath x4 per 4 screens.
  3. On Controller-computer.
  4. All devices conncted via Network.

Some thoughts:
I think it would be better have 9 titan tubes, one per screen to make your life easier.
Where do the NFTs live? Is there already an existing API? Do you have internet-access in the space?
You will need some kind of soundcard supporting the 5.1. In theory the onboard might be enough for a lot of cases, but better go with something proper.