Image-Rasterizer effects

Hi TD-community! I’ve been looking at this tutorial by Tim Rodenbröker who’s using processing to create a nice rasterizer effect where the image is transforming from a low-pixel/low-res to a high-res image.

I think processing seems interesting, but i was wondering if anybody know if this is possible to do in TD too? Heres a link to the video: Processing-tutorial: Image-Rasterizer (level: beginner & intermediate) - YouTube

My initial thought would be to maybe work with the Derivative ImageFilter ‘preset’ called Pixelate or maybe try out something with instancing?

Just a playful thought. If anyone have any ideas to share they’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Take a look at the limit Top and the positional normalize

1 Like

Hi,
Elburz recently made a short tutorial about the Limit TOP.
You can use a Grid SOP for the positions and topTo the pixelated and resolution adapted result from the LimitTop for the scale values on the instances for circles (or whatever you want to use as a model geo).

Example with the banana: image_raster_dots.5.toe (6.0 KB)

The banana has a transparent background so I inverted the colors with a Level TOP.

There might be a more efficient solution but for me it works quit well if I stay under 100x100 resolution for the Grid.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks! I’ll definitely look into that.