Import image sequence, lock to timeline

Just wondering if something like that is possible, I would like each frame load an image from the folder.

If I understand it, I believe that what you’re looking for is “Image Sequence Indexing”. Do a search for that here https://docs.derivative.ca/Movie_File_In_TOP

Also check out the “File” parameter on that page.

Hello! I’ve just find a solution

The image sequence would be played 1 frame per second by default, so you can switch the play mode to ‘Specify Index’, and choose ‘Seconds’ in index. : )

p.s. Apologyse if I’m bothering by replying to this old topic but it seems to be the only topic talking about image sequence locked to timeline :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi @edeeC222

You could also adjust the “Speed” parameter to control the rate. With 1 image per second as a default, setting it to me.time.rate would follow your project’s rate.

Another option would be to make use of the info.xml file as mentioned in the wiki:

Using an info.xml file in the directory containing a sequence of images allows you to specify the frames per second and an audio file to be used with the sequence of images. Example xml file:

<Settings>
    <attributes fps="30.0" />
    <audio filename="audio.wav" />
</Settings>```

cheers
Markus
1 Like