Instancing textures - operating system

Hi, I have a MacOS , I have tried to instance textures, also want to start coding GLSL and getting the error on some patches I try to open up. Getting the error that these functions are not supported on my operating system :disappointed_relieved:

Is it possible that this will be made available on the operating system I am using? If not what system will I need to get into this…

thanks ! x

Hello, there is two different questions

• concerning texture instancing, its only available on nVidia graphic card and MacOs doesn’t use anymore nVidia and doesn’t publish nVidia driver.
  • Concerning GLSL, MacOs last GLSL version is 4.1, Windows is 4.6. Some code/functions need a minimum GLSL version. There is few hope for the future because apple left the openGL consortium to develop their own language, Metal.
    I think/hope TD will work with that fact but there is some important limitation on macOs for 3D.
    I decided last year to buy my first Windows machine after 30 years on macOs. I doesn’t regret it for TD. I stay with macOs for all concerning music ans sound.