Intel realsense T265 Failed to initialize

Hi,
when i connecting my realsense T265 on a Realsense TOP, comes always a Error.
i can choose the camera and the sensor is recognized but after a loading time comes the Error: Failed to initialize the intel realsense cross platform api

is this error known? what can I do?

Could you let us know which TouchDesigner build you are working with?

Hey Ben

I have the latest Build 2020.28110 and the Realsense SDK version is 2.41.0.2657

Okay for build 2020.28110 Official we are using SDK v2.31.0
For 2020.45520 Experimental we are using v2.38.1
Could you try switching your installed SDK?

I’ll work on improving our documentation to include this information, right now it is buried in the release notes which is not very helpful.

I’m also having this problem initialising the camera RealSense T265, I get the error of “Failed to initialize the Intel Realsense Cross Platform Api”.
I have the SDK v2.31.0
Touch Designer build 2021.11180.
Do you know how can I solve it?
Thanks in advance.

Can you send a screenshot of your realsense viewer screen when the camera is running in that? Does it show that it’s connected using USB 3+?

Hi Malcolm

Windows recognises the camera, and realsense software is working and connected to a USB 3+.
Here’s a screen capture.

And here the realsense viewer screen.
Thanks in advance

Can you try 2.38.1. That is the version TouchDesigner is using. You’ll want to install the firmware from that version.

Hi Malcolm,
Thank you very much for your reply, but with sdk 2.38.1 I’m still getting the same error. I tried to update the firmware and I get an error of “Missing application dependencies” Error: unable to load DSAPI32.dll [expected v1.16.19.3, found none]
So I tried the same in another computer and occurs exactly the same.
Any other idea’s?
Thanks in advance.

That’s odd, likely part of the problem. Did you install the full SDK or just download the viewer tool?

I installed booth, sdk and the viewer tool. Any other ideas?