Is is possible to have two builds of TD, one Intel and one silicon at the same time?

…and will the .toe files be compatible with both?

I want to try the latest silicon release but I don’t want to mess with the current one installed.
Would be that possible?
Any extra step to take to be safe?

Thank you.

You can absolutely do that. Just download both and rename them so you can tell them apart. They won’t interfere with each other, and deleting the TouchDesigner application will completely remove it if you change your mind. The only thing to watch for is that if you open files by double-clicking in the Finder, either one might be launched. In the Finder you can right-click > Open With… or drag files onto the one you want (in the Finder or the Dock) to have that one open the file.

The .toe files will be compatible with both - and with Windows too.

1 Like

Thank you @bangnoise, that’s way easier than I thought!

About deleting one of the builds, I know macos doesn’t delete everything by dragging the app icon to the trashcan, so I use a 3rd party tool to clean up lib files cache preferences and so on.
Will a specific build be completely deleted just dragging the icon? I’m afraid to erase files from the build I want to keep using the 3rd party app.

Yes the remaining TouchDesigner app will still need the preferences and any other files outside of the app, don’t delete those.

1 Like

Will do so, thank you.

It seems to work flawlessly. The known issues doesn’t affect me so far.
I think this will be it, the time to get a commercial license :slight_smile:

1 Like