ISF Parser

Hi guys,

I’ve published my component for working with ISF shaders: github.com/marcinbiegun/isf-touchdesigner

It’s not a full ISF implementation (leaving some hard parts like multiple shader passes) but it works fine with 90% shaders you can find on interactiveshaderformat.com

The ISF controls are exposed as Custom Parameters.
screenshot.png

Great idea, nice work!

Maybe a useful addition could be to pulse Reload automatically whenever a new ISF DAT is connected (check with onTableChange with a DAT Execute).

If you apply as a publisher and send it in I’d be happy to publish this on ChopChopChop!
cheers

Good idea, I’ve added this. :slight_smile:

Sure, I’m going to do that once the implementation is more complete.

Great stuff, thank you for your efforts!!! :smiley:

Seems not to work with the latest experimental builds…

The example.toe project still works fine with latest 2019.19160 experimental build on MacOS.

Do you have some specific ISF shader that does not work?

I just made it work with two, the other ones throw errors. in previous versions of Touch, I was converting a lot of ISF shaders with your parser without problem (by the way, thank you for this super-useful plugin!).

Kind Regards,

Joan

1 Like

@nosebleed I’m glad you like it!

I have tested only a few dozens of ISF shaders, for sure there are some that break the script (as in your screenshot). Please paste the links to ISF code from https://www.interactiveshaderformat.com/ or your own full ISF code - if I can recreate the error on my machine, I’ll be able to post some fixes.