Issue with TextCOMP.KeyboardFocus() in Perform Mode

Hello,

I’ve been working to enhance the usability of TextCOMP. I have implemented a feature that allows the user to press the Tab key to shift the KeyboardFocus to the next form while typing.

This feature works as expected when the COMP is Active in the Editor, but it does not function in Perform Mode. I am using KeyBoardInDAT to detect when the Tab key is pressed and then call TextCOMP.KeyboardFocus() to set the Focus to the next TextCOMP.

Keyboard shortcuts seem to be functioning in Perform Mode, so I believe the issue might be related to TextCOMP.KeyboardFocus().

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000

I’ve attached the TOE file and a video demonstrating the issue below. Any help or insights into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

setKeyboardFocusBug.toe (5.5 KB)

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce the problem and will take a look into what’s going wrong in perform mode.

If you’re not aware, an alternate solution for this is to use a Focus Order table which will handle the tabbing automatically (include shift-tab to go backwards). I’ve attached an update to your network that works with this method in the editor and in perform mode. The table just lists the components you want to tab between in the sequence you want to use.

setKeyboardFocusTable.toe (5.6 KB)

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was trying to do! Thank you so much for your help and guidance.