Issues using WACOM instead of mouse (just as an input device) | win10

good day forum,
I’m trying to use my recent Wacom to operate TouchDesigner but am getting ‘sticky’ clicks - (I’m not even attempting to use the wacomCHOP):

When click and dragging the node viewer, the click eventually becomes sticky and the node view keeps panning even though there’s no click active and I’m just keeping the pen above the tablet. - to unstick it, I need to click an empty space using the mouse.
other oddities show when calling the preferences menu: the panel pops up, but I won’t be able to move it using the pen - again, only the mouse will help. It also seems to select items from the palette window when attempting to move the prefs panel

anybody got a clue what this could be?
using win10(pro), a recent IntousPro, and the most recent TD build

the tablet works fine in photoshop, blender, nuke etc…
many thanks

Can you identify if there is a specific area in the interface where you ‘lift-up’ the pen which causes it to stick? It sounds like a certain UI element is blocking the ‘mouse-up’ (in this case pen-up) event from registering, if we can determine where this happens we might be able to reproduce it and fix it.

Moved this thread to “Bugs”

thanks for your input - I now think the culprit is windows. If I disable “windows ink” under the Mapping tab in the wacom control panel, none of the issues described above crop up.

What I’m left now with is erratic value jumping in the value ladder. When I click and hold into a value and attempt to drag in any direction - it seems to only increase in rather larger jumps, dragging to the left does not decrease the value, it only keeps getting higher. For example in a transform node, click and hold (using the pen) brings up the value ladder, when moving the cursor over the 0.001 and dragging right - the value jumps to instantly to something like 20.001 and then only increases in large increments (before and after the comma), dragging left does not decrease the number… the little pie chart indicator above the value only turns green and never red and keeps spinning frantically .
Adjusting the Value Ladder Step Size in the prefs does not seem to have effect

is this a known issue with wacoms and windows?
my TD build is 2020.26630

thanks for your help!

edit 2: to answer your initial question, I didn’t get to confirm the issues only occurs at specific areas. Although i had moments where the click didn’t get sticky right away and I had a few goes at panning the node view successfully

1 Like

Hello !

I’m having trouble too with tablet CHOP. The channels are initialized but when I move the stylus they don’t update. I can manipulate view and mouseIn CHOP is working fine. I have tested last buid of TD 2019, 2020 and 2021 none are working… The windows ink toggle don’t do anything.
My system Windows Build 19042, wacom 6.3.42-2.

Hope there is a fix.
Thank you !!!

I have the same issue: Using the value ladder with Wacom Tablets immediately jumps to astronomical values and I could never find a solution for that. Does anyone know a fix for that?

For all the other issues: Make sure that Windows Ink is disabled, especially inside the Wacom Tablet settings. This has solve most issues for me. Also in the Preferences Tab inside Touch you should tweak the mouse- and scrolling sensitivities! which helped me a lot.

Did you resolve the value ladder issue? I have the same - the values increment very quickly and always in the positive direction, whether I move left or right

it’s not resolved and either a bug or lack of functionality I suppose.
I resurrected an older but more appropriately named thread the other day. Maybe you could chime in there and maybe it helps them to schedule some time to get it working:

1 Like

Unfortunately not, I even got a mouse just to make use of some functions since it did not get any update yet…