JsonDAT KEEP CRASHING

Aero Gigabite laptop i7 9750H
1650 Nvdia+Intel integrated
TD VERSION : last one stable 2021.11180 BEFORE WAS INSTALLED : 2020.23680

Hi,

i’m having some problem with the json dat. When i save the project and reopen it they are not working anymore. Strange is that if i just copy the the pieces of the patch in another one they work just fine. Another stuff that i ve noticed is that all the backUp file saved in the backUp folder automatically get also corrupted :sob:
My work flow is like that : SOCKETIO—JSON DAT—PYTHON THAT RECOGNISE STRING AND GIVE ME TRIGGER. Nothing super crazy. I’ve already check any kind of possiblity. Save with the all detached , keep or not the message, kill the SOCKETIO before closing…,loading from external tox… NOTHING. The only things that save the project is copying the pieces to a new one. The order does not matter. Also copying the same json dat from a patch to another make it work again.
Please let me know if is a bug or me that i’m making something strange.

LAST STRANGE STUFF I VE NOTICED :
FOR ALL OTHER PROJECT I’VE USED IT ,WORKS JUST FINE : WEB CLIENT, OSC, UPD,TOUCHIN… NO problem…

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

By crash do you mean there’s a severe drop in FPS like you’ve highlighted in the attachment, or does TouchDesigner abruptly close and create a dmp?

It’s hard to say for sure what might be going on without seeing the project, and I haven’t run into this issue myself. Could you attach your project here if possible? If you’ve isolated the issue in the project then you could send a pared down version.

Is the first thing you said. Fps drop from stable 60 to 15-25… if you need the TD file i will attach it here asap.

Yes, please attach. If there is stuff in there you want to keep private you can also send it to our support email.

1 Like

Actually the socket IO i m using is a web site, that is suppose to become a CMS. So i can share the patch but not the website i m using. Is that ok ?

If not i will send all Via support email. Explaning all in there. Let me know what u prefer

CMS COMUNITACTION DEBUG DERIVATIVE.toe (10.8 KB)

here the Files, link to CMS is missing… let me know if i need to send it to support mail or if is ok like that.

The JSON DAT has a python script that uses the python module jsonpath_ng which imports the string module. However the script is failing because you have an OP named “string” that it’s importing instead (see MOD Class - Derivative). The JSON DAT doesn’t output the python error stack at the moment, but I’ll change it to do that.

If you rename that node to something else that will fix the errors on the JSON DAT and should resolve the FPS issue.

1 Like

Mr eric, i can only say thank you. You just save me hour and hour of work, i was thinking to downgrade version and do all the old way… (import json…).

As always best software and best support… ever !!! Thank you!

1 Like