Here’s some resources I’ve found helpful when making adapter myself.
What you need:
- Kinect 2
- USB 3 male B - male A cable
- Soldering Iron
- T10 Security Torx screwdriver - but you can match common screwdriver also (I did)
- 12V power adaptor - 1A and 2A works fine for me
- teardown your Kinect2
- unplug original cable
- solder + and - wires of power adapter to appropriate pins on kinect (see photos).
from group linked below
- put back together device
- install SDK2 from Microsoft site
- connect kinect with pc via USB3 cable
It can be done without opening device (solder +/- wires to appropriate USB wires). should work, but I haven’t tried this method.
Hack Xbox One Kinect to Work on Windows 10 PC
MS Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0