Kinect CHOP doesn't connect

Having a problem with Kinect CHOP actually connecting to device.

Info says Warning: Connecting to device…

Have installed latest Kinect Runtime 1.8. On Windows 7. Kinect Device also shows up in control panel.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Do other Kinect enabled applications work? One thing to make sure of, don’t connect the Kinect to a USB 3.0 port. I’ve found it doesn’t work well when connected to a 3.0 port. Only the Kinect 2 should be connected to a USB 3.0 port.

Thanks Malcolm

Made sure it was nothing in my .toe file

Reconnected.
Could possbly have been the USB port because it seems to be working now…

Have to share this!

I know Kinect v1 is old, but I just spent a few hours trying to get it to connect on my Bootcamp Mac Pro. TD asks you to “Download the 1.8 Runtime” to enable functionality of the Kinect. What they really meant is “Download the 1.8 SDK”. They are two different things. Download both to be sure!

Hoping this helps someone in the future.

Hi,

I downloaded both the SDK and the runtime. My PC has only USB port 3.0
and the kinect CHOP is still showing “connecting to device …”

Any help please

1 Like

I have a similar problem connecting Kinect 1. I switch the CHOP to Kinect 2 and then to Kinect 1 back again, just to refresh it, it get connected but it freezes after a few secs.

So I was able to get around the connecting issue by removing all Kinect SDK’s from my machine and reinstalling them. Not sure if that helps anyone but it worked for me somehow.

you could try it with the 32 bits version. Im done!!! :wink:

YHey, im having this issue now with my kinect xbox 360 1414. Same warning. I tried everything listed here and still no results… The only thing i’m not sure about is the 32 bit versions of the sdk 1.8? To me it seemed that theyre 32 bit by default but ic ant say for sure… Does anyone have another suggestion??

Thank you!