Kinect Head Tracking over Player ID

Hi All first post, Im creating a Halloween interactive where a Kinect Azure is tracking my head and sending those coordinates to a movie top containing a pumpkin head. I am compositing the head over a player ID but for some reason, the pumpkin and body are not matching on the edges and I’m having trouble creating scale with the z-axis. Does anyone have any experience with aligning the two visually without displacement? I’ve tried various techniques with math and there’s always some give or take somewhere any help will be much appreciated.

Hi @STJUSTUS,

are you using the World Space Positions of the Kinect Azure or the Color Image Positions?
Color Image Positions will let you align things on the color image. For scaling the pumpkin head, you should be able to approximate things using the z values of the World Space Positions.

Cheers
Markus

Ah, thanks so much! I would’ve used this but don’t really understand UV to XY do you know the math involved in that or is it simply U is X and V is Y?

For some reason I’ve tried various math techniques fixing the aspect ratio and even mirroring and aligning but still directly hovering over my face I’m not sure what’s going on.

Hi @STJUSTUS,

when you find measurements given in u/v then this usually refers to a normalized space where in our case the root 0,0 is in the left/bottom corner and 1,1 is in the right upper corner. The nice thing about this is that these measurements are resolution and aspect independent.

Can you share your file, perhaps with some textures and CHOPs that contain the tracking data locked? Maybe I can spot something.

Cheers
Markus