Kinect V1(1517) not working

Hi guys, I’m new to TouchDesigner and I have an issue connecting with Kinect V1(1517). It keeps having the Warning: Connecting to device even though I had installed both kinect runtime and the sdk. It works perfectly fine on Processing though. Is it something to do with the usb port? I know that Kinect v1 is less stable on USB3 port and it is more recommend using USB 2.0. How can i check if its the usb port that’s causing the error? And if its really the usb port problem, how or what should I do? Any help would be appreciated. It’s kind of urgent.

Hey there,

you can check if your Kinect is working by opening the ‘Developer Toolkit Browser’ from Microsoft (just hit windows button and search for that). This application should usually be installed automatically with the SDK.

If you’re in the toolkit browser, you can go to ‘Samples C#’ and open basically anything. I recommend the ‘Controls Basic WPF’ application, cause you can check also if interactions such as grip and press are working.

If this application doesn’t work, it’s probably because of your connection cord or your USB Port.

Greetings,
Jacob

Edit: now that i see you’ve been asking this 3 years ago, i hope it’s still going to be helpful!

1 Like