for anyone else looking at this in the future:
solved it, it actually was a faulty usb-adapter. got a new one and everything works perfectly again.
Since yesterday my Kinect V2 can’t connect to windows 10 - it disconnects and reconnects instantly. (see yt: /watch?v=EERTe1pLBDs ) DeviceManager keeps flashing/refreshing as well. The led on the camera lights up for a moment as well.
I tried every applicable step from msdn troubleshooting, but as it doesnt even get recognized as device i am really out of ideas by now. it is especially strange as everything was running perfectly before, and i am not aware of any changes on my system.
I have never seen this kind of behavior on any device, and it is really strange as windows does recognize the device as a kinect, but somehow loses connection right away …!?
I think it is different to the 10 second disconnect error, as it never establishes a connection at all anymore.
What i’ve tried so far:
- reinstall kinect sdk + drivers
- make sure all the audio/camera settings are correct
- try different usb ports
- roll back last windows update
- and finally out of sheer frustration: a complete reset of my system.
… still no luck though, so I figured maybe someone here might have an idea what could be going on here?
- windows 10 build 1909 / 18363.1256
- drivers + sdk 1905.16
- my usb controller is not one of the recomended ones, but has been working with the kinect v2 before, so i don’t think that’s the problem…