Kinect V2 instant disconnect/reconnect cycle (solved)

[EDIT]

for anyone else looking at this in the future:
solved it, it actually was a faulty usb-adapter. got a new one and everything works perfectly again.

[/EDIT]

Hey,

Since yesterday my Kinect V2 can’t connect to windows 10 - it disconnects and reconnects instantly. (see yt: /watch?v=EERTe1pLBDs ) DeviceManager keeps flashing/refreshing as well. The led on the camera lights up for a moment as well.

I tried every applicable step from msdn troubleshooting, but as it doesnt even get recognized as device i am really out of ideas by now. it is especially strange as everything was running perfectly before, and i am not aware of any changes on my system.

I have never seen this kind of behavior on any device, and it is really strange as windows does recognize the device as a kinect, but somehow loses connection right away …!?
I think it is different to the 10 second disconnect error, as it never establishes a connection at all anymore.

What i’ve tried so far:

• reinstall kinect sdk + drivers
  • make sure all the audio/camera settings are correct
  • disconnect/reconnect^^
  • try different usb ports
  • roll back last windows update
  • and finally out of sheer frustration: a complete reset of my system.

… still no luck though, so I figured maybe someone here might have an idea what could be going on here?

Thanks!

Versions:

• windows 10 build 1909 / 18363.1256
  • drivers + sdk 1905.16
  • my usb controller is not one of the recomended ones, but has been working with the kinect v2 before, so i don’t think that’s the problem…

Hey,

i had this problem a while ago and found this to work for me:

I’m also seeing something connected to the Microphone array:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2af9bf2-8d52-4406-98ef-0ae21ab25016/kinect-v2-freezing-then-restarting-repeatedly-within-a-few-seconds-even-with-samples?forum=kinectv2sdk

Cheers
Markus

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the reply!

I stumbled over this registry edit well, but it didn’t work for me. (the LowerFilters value didn’t exist in my registry - I added it, but it did nothing)

The microphone array shouldn’t be the problem either - I’ve allowed general microphone access, but I can’t change anything for the microphone array specifically as it doesn’t even show up anywhere. (The Kinect never stays connected long enough to register - it doesn’t even show up in the hidden devices in device-manager). Also, the microphe-array-dissconnect should take a bit longer?

Basically: as soon as i plug in the Kinect, I get the “windows device connected chimes” sound, but most of the time it doesn’t even play to the end before the disconnect-sound plays. It is really rejected right away… o. O

I am currently trying to get my hands on another poweradapter to test if maybe that’s the problem, but tbh I don’t think so. Otherwise I’m really out of ideas by now…

Thanks,

Manuel