Length of Kinect Azure Power Cable

Im looking into the length of the power cord for an installation and I can’t seem to find any information on it. Does anyone know the length of the cord that comes out of the box?

I’m trying to decide if we need to order longer power cables for our installation.

Your help in advanced is appreciated!!

Thank you

Both included cables are only about 1 meter. Low power draw however so you could use a lightweight power extension to get there.

1 Like

If you want to extend, I can recommend regular 3m USB 3.0 extension cable from amazon Basics for the power chord, and a 5mTether Tools TetherPro USB-C to USB 3.0 cable for data transfer, which works fluently, even in Master/Sub sync

1 Like

@v.rtx_void, @ben

I was able to solve the problem by using high quality USB Repeaters + USB 3.0 Active Cables from Newnex. They did product testing themselves with the Azure Kinects.

We are using this extender: USB 3.0 Optical Fiber Extender - FireNEX™-5000H | Newnex
+
Active cables to provide power + data from the repeater (NTC | FireNEX™-uLINK-EX Active Cable, A/M to A/F)

Total distance run is about 300 feet from computer to kinects.

1 Like

Great feedback, thanks.

Reported on the Help Group is these cables also work (thanks Scott Millar!)

Hi @Spinning_Rock, just checking… if I only need a 10-15m run on Kinect Azure, can I just use this active extension cable? Have you tested that without the fibre optic longer extension?

thanks

@ben ,

Yes. You could use the USB-C Cable included in the box with the active extension cable.

You’d also want to get a USB female to male extension cable for the power as well if you don’t have power outlets close to the kinect.

1 Like

Just want to confirm that these little fellas also do the job quite well, and they are way cheaper than Logitech or NTC (which, both, are waaaaaayyyy too overpriced imho…)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08HV557VB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0RNCTQRASMHZ7ASJS1RY

It also works with extending my MOTU ULMK4 without weird crackles in sound or any significant changes in latency, which is just pure awesomeness !!!

Fun fact aside: Seems like since VR is getting bigger and bigger also those looking for active USB extensions are getting more and more. I think that it is quite safe to stick to those options on this list:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/extension_cables/

2 Likes

Hi,

I am encountering the same need of extending the Azure cable for an installation.

I live in Finland and I was looking at this:

For my purpose, 4.6 m would suffice but do you think this cable would be able to bring both power and data to Azure?

Alternatively and following @v.rtx_void suggestion, I found for the data transmission:

Do you have any recommendations? can any of you confirm which solution could work?

Thank you very much,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,
I am also using this cable instead of the original Kinect cables:

However these worked fine standalone, but it was not possible to attach another USB extension cable to them without loosing the signal.

What is surprisingly working fine though is combining the Tether Tools Cable with the aforementioned active 10m USB extension:

Please be aware that I cannot guarantee that this will work for anyone. Even in my case it is always a hustle to make everything in my setups run smoothly since Kinect Azure’s need a dedicated USB controller for each individual unit, which can be very annoying or fiddly if you use more than one Azure.

But, as I said, in my case it worked with 2 Azure’s, a Decklink with a 4K camera in feed and other peripherals on my ASUS Prime Z590-M-Plus MaTX Mainboard during an installation for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback!
I found the ALXUM you suggested and ordered it. I will also try the combination of the TetherPro USBB 3 to female extention connected to the usb-c to usb3, and I will report back here.

In the meantime Merry Xmas :smiley:

2 Likes