Leuze Rod4 Plus - Blobs bug?

Hello,
one Rod4 Plus just arrived from the Leuze maintance.
I’m trying to use blobs to detect my arm and build up an interactive slider for images.

What happens is that some times the Blob ID increses making impossible to use blobs.
I made a fast video to explain the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EvkiAEJB2DbQPt7bWD2uiTJNZV4ctZ3c/view?usp=sharing

If I reset the “active” parameter or I change the “max Blob” value, the Blob ID restart from 0

TD commercial - 2019.19930

just installed 2020.25380.
same problem

Thanks expected. The Blob ID will be unique for each newly detected blob.

The problem is not the ID value, is the blob channel.
I’m using a Leuze Rod4 node - RAW Data into a Blob Track node to reach the goal.

Ah I see now. The behavior may be a bug but if your system is expecting to handle multiple blobs then it should work even with this behavior. You can’t assume the blob will appear in any one spot, since a spot may be occupied by an existing blob. You’ll want to handle blobs appearing anywhere for this to be robust. Hope that helps a bit.

I’m building a slide show using rod4, I need just one blob triggered by one hand. I have to select the blob BUT because this bug Blob’s channel increase and I can’t use it.
Fortunately blob track node works well.

If you just want one blob then you can set the Max Blobs to 1, no?
Yeah, the Blob Track CHOP is newer though and more feature complete, so that’s safe to use. But it may have the same behavior if you allow for more than 1 potential blob.

Not exactly, Blob Track node has something wrong too.
Blob Track doesn’t have the same behavior as Rod4 node: Blob’s chan in Blob Track doesn’t change BUT it has some difficult to recognize harms when they are too far.
If u use just Rod4 in Blob mode, setting Max Blob to 1 it still increase the Blob chan though it has 1 chan, making impossible to use Blobs. Max Blob to 1 or 1000 doesn’t change anything.
Anyway Rod4 in Raw Data mode works well. This means that Blob system has some bugs that make hard to work with it BUT also means that TD is reading well datas from the Leuze Rod4.

When using the ROD4 version, if there is only 1 possible blob, what do you mean it’s increasing the blob chan? Can you elaborate on this issue?

I tested with 2 Rod4 nodes:
rod1: 1 blob
rod2: 10 blobs

when rod1 stopped to output blob chan 1 rod2 was outputting blob chan 2

The nodes are totally independent. There is no connection between their data so what’s happening on one has no effect on what is happening on the other.
Can you explain in more detail why using 1 ROD4 with Max Blob = 1 isn’t what you need?

Because the node rod4 stopes to recognise blob after some triggers.

Ah so after some number of triggers it stops recognizing anything at all, and never starts recognizing things?

The Blob Track CHOP has a lot of parameters for areas of interest, did you try adjusting those?

Man you make me feel so stupid! How can I explain?!

rod4 node - Blob mode: after some random number of triggers using my hand it stop to recognize blob1 and start recognize blob2, so on. You can see this playing the clip I posted above.
If I reset the node it starts again from blob1

Blob track CHOP as not this behavior.I’m actually using it to do the job.

Hey JAH,

Sorry, certainly don’t intend to be difficult! What I’m wondering though is in the case of Max Blobs = 1, there is only blob1 channels, so what happens in that case? Does it just never find any blobs after a bit?

Hi Malcolm, sorry for the late.

Exactly what you said.