Lighting an object made of instanced object

hi,

is there a way (i can’t find one) to use a lightCOMP to light an instanced object as if it was just a single object.

To be more precise, i have a particle system made of instanced points (or square or circles…) and i can’t find a way to light it as if it were a “single mesh” : either the image is black or just plain color of the phong applied without smooth shading / shadows

thanks a lot

Is your light set to point light or cone light? Changing your light to behave as a cone should give you more control over the particles passing though a lighting cone.

ok seems better with cone lights. thanks.
can’t seem to be able to light point particles right ? seems like a SOP is needed as instanced object for the light to work (can’t use point sprites or addSOP).

Point Sprints probably won’t behave the way you want / expect. Those act more like little openGL billboards - rectangles that always face the camera, and don’t respond to lighting in your scene. You’d instead need to do this as instances with a phong material to get the kinds of results that would respond to lighting.