Looping a video, then playing it back until the end on signal

Hi everyone,

I habe a Question about a video loop I am trying to create using the following principle: A Video, imported via a Moviefilein TOP, plays from the start when triggered (Toggle). After it has played to the end, it loops, starting not from the beginning but from a defined point within the video. This is how far I’ve come at this point. For the next part, I need some help: As soon as the signal goes back to „0“, the video is not supposed to stop immediately, instead it should play to the end one last time before stopping.

Has anyone an idea how to do this?

Thank you very much!

Hi @ludwig_nagel,

quick question: is the video looping from the specified start cue if the signal stays on?

Cheers
Markus

Hi @snaut
Yes, exactly!
Cheers
Ludwig

Hi @ludwig_nagel,

a solution I would propose is using the Timer CHOP in connection with it’s Segment feature. For your particular case I would specify 2 segments, the first running through the whole movie while the second would only run for the amount of the movie length minus the cue offset.
Segments also can cycle, while the first segment would not, the second can cycle until the Timer CHOP’s “Exit Segment at End of Cycle” parameter is pulsed.
Another feature of Segments is the ability to specify custom channels. In the example here I’m using it to specify the offset (essentially the cueing point) for the movie. Now outputting the timer_frames channel to drive the index of the Movie File In TOP and adding the offset channel to it, you are pretty much set for your particular task.

For the example I’m triggering the Timer CHOP with the help of a Button COMP which also has a Panel Execute DAT attached to it running the onOnToOff callback that pulses the before mentioned “Exit Segment at End of Cycle” parameter.

To make sure you are showing the first frame at the start, on the Movie File In TOP’s Trim Page, set the “Extend Left” and “Extend Right” parameters to Hold.

Hope this helps
Markus

TimerExample.toe (6.2 KB)

Hi @snaut
Thank you so much, this works really well! Using the segments function of the timer is a great idea.

Cheers,
Ludwig