Matrox Quadhead2go

What problems arise using matrox QuadHead2Go.

Loss of sleep, loss of hair, loss of jobs…

I’m sure there are some people here that would disagree with me but I stopped using that product line a while back. At the time, they had a tendency to only work well with specific usb chipsets and sometimes they didn’t reinitialize correctly on reboots and would even drop out randomly while connected.

There are a lot of factors that could have contributed to my experience and maybe the drivers are better these days but in my opinion you’re better off with a Datapath FX4 or if you don’t need frame sync then maybe just birddog NDI receivers.

Curious if anyone here has had a better experience than mine with the Head2Go line of products.

I generally avoid the Matrox Head2Go products altogether, due to similar experiences. Definitely not reliable!

The FX4 is a good option. For a mid-priced alternative you could try the AJA HA5-4K. This does not have the arbitrary resampling of the FX4, but it will split out a single 4K stream to 4x HD signals, one for each quadrant of the 4K image. Multiple HA5-4K units can’t be synced externally, but the 4 SDI streams it produces will be in sync.