Micro-cuts Leapmotion signals with Orion API

Thanks for the report. It seems like the Leap SDK is giving us some null images in some cases where are crashing on that. I’ve added checks for that which should avoid the crash, but we’ll see if it ends up just showing black frames a lot instead and there is another root issue here.

Hey @robmc , did you got any feedback from ultraleap about the 5.0? Im currently working on several leap motion projects, so any news are very appreciated!

Sorry it’s been so long. I did have a brief conversation with UltraLeap back before the holidays and then they were going to have their legal team go over a few licensing issues and I still haven’t heard back from that.

I did do a quick test with the gemini drivers and touchdesigner and made some progress; however, it wasn’t quite as plug-and-play as their upgrade documentation suggested. The LeapMotion CHOP seems to be working properly, but the TOP crashes inside their library and when I work around the crash I still don’t get any video image. I’m sure this is fixible, but it looks like it will take a little development time.

The main hurdle is still that we can’t include Gemini without getting licensing approval from Ultraleap and we haven’t gotten a firm response on that.

I will reach out to them again and see if I can make any more progress.

2 Likes

thank you @robmc I will reach out for them also, to help with some pressure on the costumer side!

the gemini drivers do promise a lot of nice features and improvements

1 Like