MIDIin CHOP sample rate

Hello,

The MIDIin CHOP’s sample rate parameter does not seem to have any effect on the resolution of the MIDI input and the number of samples remains at 1 per frame. I’ve outlined what the issue seems to be in this thread: Match MIDIin CHOP number of samples to that of other operators but have also recorded a video which further demonstrates the issue.

MIDIin CHOP sample rate issue - YouTube

Thank you for your time,
Owen

1 Like

Hi.
Thanks for the great example, we’ll have a look.
Have you considered using the MIDI In DAT which works via direct callbacks?

1 Like

We’ve just made some improvements, but they’re too experimental to be included in the current build.
Please look for them in an upcoming build.

3 Likes

Thanks Rob, that’s great!

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Would you mind going into a bit more detail about the improvements to the MIDI in CHOP in the new experimental build?

I’ve been trying it out this morning and the set-up from the previous video yield the same results.

The reason I can’t switch over the MIDI in DAT for some applications is that MIDI input is being used to drive a CHOP based audio network and needs to be converted into CHOP triggers at some point.

I’ve recorded another video which demonstrating this.

Thank-you again for your time,
Owen

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, some issues with the previous version have been fixed causing random values in the CHOP output. These are now fixed in builds 2022.22770 and later.
In addition there is now a new option “Preserve Pulses” which better handles high frequency pulse information.
Cheers.

Hi Rob,

I hate to be a downer again but the “preserve pulse” parameter doesn’t accomplish what this bug/RFE thread pertains to: input timing accuracy at higher sample rates.

From what I can tell “preserve pulse” adds a single sample with a maximum velocity value followed by a 0 value input followed by the actual velocity value. The timing of this pulse is however still constrained to the first sample regardless of the sample rate.

Have there been any other bugs for which the preserve pulse parameter was made? It seems a bit strange to me in its current iteration.

I appologize again for what might seem like nitpicking but I really do think this is worthwile.

I’ve added another video to showcase the problem: MIDI in CHOP Sample Rate - YouTube

Thanks,
Owen

Hi Owen. Not a problem , I feel we’re close.
I’ll send you a message with some questions.