Mouse out

Hi guyz!

I’ve made my mouse to move all over the screen not only on TouchDesigner application window but i can’t make any click with it outside the Touch, only in it’s area… :exclamation:

Is it possible to perform and control mouse buttons clicks outside the Touch? Any possible way…

there’s no internal command that’ll let you click the mouse outside TouchDesigner. the only way I can think of is if you use TouchDesigner to trigger calls to an external program. I don’t know of any though, and I’m not sure how such a program would interact with TouchDesigner…

Selina

Very interesting, do you know the way how to trigger calls to another program with Touch?

well, one way would be making system calls in a DAT script. but if you have a program that’ll accept data via network protocols, you could also use the out DATs and CHOPs. of course… I don’t know if there’s a program that will do what you want…

Selina

I think that, with a bit of messing around, GlovePIE might be able to do it.

glovepie.org/

I think the way to do it would be to make a script that takes OSC input via a socket and converts it to a mouse action.

(also handy if you have a wii-remote lying around) :slight_smile:

Rod.

I have a better option. You can use pynput python module. This way you can simulate clicks, etc. outside of the TD window.
https://nitratine.net/blog/post/simulate-mouse-events-in-python/