moviePlaylist palette component Loop function

I have been using the moviePlaylist component and need to be able to loop the player on loop ONE video (loop back to start of current video at the end of current video) and also loop ALL ( loop back to start of entire playlist at the end of last video). Just wanted to make a feature request for this thanks ! also would need to be able to toggle between LOOP OFF(0) LOOP ONE(1) and LOOP ALL(2) in a single parameter if possible. thanks! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Did u find a workaround?

I was considering a solution with an event listener or export On Done value to trigger the moviePlaylist to Initialize pulse / Start pulse, but not 100% sure how to do this. so haven’t sorted a workaround .

On Done parameter options are Cycle Last Clip. Hold Last Frame. or Fade to Color. It would be kind of useful if there was a Loop option.

Also I have noticed the Speed and Still Image Duration parameters tend to cancel out each other / seem kind of buggy if using a folder full of still images.

Thanks

autoMediaPlayer works for me!

I am struggling with this as well. There is sort of a hidden option in the code for restarting. if you enable that it almost works but has an odd resolution glitch for a frame. Kind of a newbie so digging in to see what I can get to work…

Hi. I’m hoping/wishing for this function as well. It would be really helpful if there’s an option for loop off, loop one and loop all for the movieplaylist. I’m pretty sure there’s a scripting workaround for this, but it’s way beyond my current TD skills.

Hey, So a few weeks ago I discovered this lack of a loop function and found this thread when looking for a solution. I finally got the opportunity to come up with a workaround using chops to pulse the play button when the last video finishes playing. However, there is a strange behavior that I can’t quite solve. I am going to check today to see if it is a Mac specific issue or something else. Before sharing a .tox, i will try to explain what i am doing.

Right now, I have a folder dat that looks at the folder where my movie files are stored. I am using a python expression to dynamically set the “filter by digits” of a select chop to the last video’s index number. when that last video finishes playing, it pulses the play button to restart the movie playlist.

Currently, each time i add a new file to that folder, it updates the “filter by digits” parameter to the new highest index value. That is great.

However, when I remove a file from the folder, It breaks the chop chain that is pulsing the playback button.

If i add one or more files back into the folder, it is fixed and updates that select value.

Weird.

loopingPlaylist.tox (23.9 KB)
This seems to work now. I quit and restarted. Now it seems to be working even if i remove files from the folder. This thread seems long dead, but this might help someone in the future.

1 Like

Thanks ! I am still using TouchDesigner so this could be useful

Thank you so much! That was really helpfull :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here is another easy to understand method using Cascaded Trigger CHOPS which is not elegant but might be useful for beginners not familiar with python. It also has sections for inserting titles before and after show so you will need to tweak this for your needs. Durations are set in triggers. Hope this helps others frustrated by this lack of looping in this very useful palette tool.
looping_playlist_v7.tox (40.7 KB)