Multiple CHOPs driving single parameter

Hello!

I’m trying to figure out how to send resetpulse signal to cache TOP from different CHOPs. So as to press different keyboard shortcuts one of which will toggle a series of events including resetpulse, and the other one will only toggle resetpulse parameter. For now I only know how to export one CHOP to drive the parameter field, but how can I do with multiple CHOPs?

P.S. Also maybe someone could advise me some good tutorials on working with keyboard events?

I think a KeyboardInDAT and some python might be the way to go.Could look something like that:

1 Like

Thanks, alphamoonbase! I will have to study your example, because I don’t know Python at all. I wonder if it’s such a complex task that I have to resort to scripting each time? Anyway thank you very much, I will try to accomplish the task with the example you kindly provided. Can you advise me some python for touch designer tutorials so I can dive right in without any knowledge of it? I’ve found some on Matthew Ragan’s Youtube channel, but not sure it’s the best way to start for an absolute beginner

There are quite a few CHOP only ways to do this. One way is to use a Select/Merge/Math CHOP to bring all the channels into one CHOP and then use the Combine Channels option in the Math CHOP to add all the channels together. That way if any of them are > 0 then the final output will be > 0. You can use the Limit CHOP to clamp the output between 0-1, or whatever you want, depending on the desired range to drive the parameter with.

1 Like

Thank you, malcolm! Didn’t realize that the Math CHOP could be used as a logic operator. Looks like I’ve solved the problem with your help.

Logic CHOP also works for this as well, depends on what your needs are.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for another good advise.