NDI input distorted in TouchDesigner

Hi! Perhaps this is a basic question.
I’m integrating TidalCycles with TD to generate a live coding setup.

I followed this blog, step by step (sorry, I can post the link ‘cause I’m a new user.

Basically I use VSC to live code the music. For the code to be visible on top of the visuals, the approach is to capture my window application via NDI in OBS. This is kind of the first step.

I’m having issues with the NDI input and TouchDesigner.

The images that NDI feeds into TouchDesigner is OK, but then it get distorted inside TouchDesigner.

I’d appreciate any advice.

Also, I’m wondering if there’s a efficient way of integrate your live coding text editor over TD visuals. The whole process seems a little bit too convoluted and prone to crashing issues to me.

Ps: I forget to put my specs.
M1 AS Mac
macOS Ventura 13.3.1
Latest version of TouchDesigner
Latest version of OBS
Latest version of NDI tools for macOS
Latest version of lib NDI (5.5.3)
obs-ndi plug-in 4.11.0

NDI is a lossy compression, you should expect some compression artifacts unfortunately.

I suspected that.

The thing is I honestly believe that there’s have to be a better way to get a live coding set with Tidal + TouchDesigner (I would even go further, Tidal + MaxMSP Jitter) that does not involve using OBS + NDI on top of using SuperCollider, VSCode, OSC protocol into TD/Max, and another software (Loopback in my case) to capture the audio in order to design a truly audio reactive system.

I emphasize that there’s have to be a more efficient way. If you add OBS (open source - don’t get me wrong, I use OBS everyday, it’s pretty stable, but it has definitely some caveats - constantly changing libraries, plug-ins versions) and NDI into an AudioVisual Reactive System already involving:

• Sounds patterns/sound coming from SuperCollider/Tidal/VSCode
  • OSC in TouchDesigner/Cycling Jitter
  • Loopback Audio to capture sound and feed into TouchDesigner.

That system is definitely not going to be stable.

I’m not counting the issues with Arm AS architecture and macOS as well.

Anyway, I’m a little frustrated. I was investigating a lot before diving deep in such an endeavor, but I will have to find a middle ground in order to achieve reasonable results.

As always, I’d appreciate others users experience and insights.

Many thanks

Anyway options to use Syphon with Tidalcycles?