Nested replicator causes nodes to disconnect

Hello there. My project requires that I have a replicator nested inside another replicator. However, when I run the top-level replicator, there is some weird behavior in the nested OPs. Namely, some nodes get disconnected. I was able to reproduce this in a simplified project, ReplicatorIssue.toe (7.6 KB)

It’s much easier to show the problem than describe it in writing, so here’s a demonstration:

Thanks in advance for your help!

For some reason I had gotten into the habit of enabling cloning on the master OPs that I feed to Replicators. Disabling Cloning fixes this particular problem.

I’m still curious why this happens because I want to better understand Replicators. But it’s no longer an issue for me.

Hi Jeff, That’s a good example and a good video explanation. I verified again that it’s a bug, and indeed so, it still is. You had that workaround by turning off cloning. I trust you are still doing that.

The problem with the cloning is fixed in an upcoming experimental.

By the way, there is a technique that let you avoid all that wiring of the replicants to a Merge SOP. If you put the string item*/transform1 in the Merge SOP’s “SOPs” parameter, it will gather all the desired SOPs using pattern matching. In that way you don’t even need to know how many SOPs you have to merge.

Okay great - thanks for the heads up and for addressing this issue.

re: replicant technique – ah, of course! Thanks for this tip.