No Art-Net Input (Build 2021.13610)

Hi,

since the latest TD Build 2021.13610, I’m not able to receive Art-Net via the DMX-In-CHOP anymore. Neither by loading my working project, nor by creating a new project and placing a DMX-In-CHOP. As soon as I open the file in 2021.12380, it all works fine again. Even files created in 2021.13610, where no Art-Net is received, do receive Art-Net when I open them in 2021.12380.

I’m not sure if this is a user error, but it used to work right out of the box without any hassle (when receiving AN-Broadcast, of course). I also had to install 2021.12380 after 13610 again to check, so I don’t think it has something to do with permissions or so.

Just wanted to let you know, I’m sticking with 12380 for now! :slight_smile:

Hey @EJ-Lighting,

are you receiving Packer Per Channel or Packet Per Sample? Can you send ArtNet from one TouchDesigner process to another?

Best
Markus

DMX Input Works fine for me in 13610 - Broadcast or Unicast, Packet-per-Channel or Packet-per-Sample, Art-Net or sACN.

Did you maybe not unblock the firewall port of the newer installed TD build while maybe the older version still had an entry in the Windows firewall to allow it through? That may not be how the firewall works but it’s the first thing that comes to mind if a new install is not working.

Definitely check through all of your network settings (Local Address and Network Address parameters especially) as there’s a million ways for Art-Net to NOT work because of networking peculiarities.

Also are you on MacOS or Windows?