AUDIOREACTIVE exported MOVIE won't play - no datastream/corrupted file?

Hi,

i made an audioreactive video. i used an AudioFileIn chop for my music and made my visuals react.
When i export using the MovieFileOut top, my exported video has no stream (constantly 1KB) and won’t open. When i try to open it, multiple apps (QuickTime, Videoplayer etc) say my file isn’t playable and it might be corrupted. I think the problem is there is just no data stream, but i really don’t know why.

When exporting, i drag my audio file to Audio Chop, i unflag realtime and it doesn’t matter what video codec i use. I have a non commercial key and a windows 10. I have the latest version of touchdesigner.

I really don’t know what i do wrong here! I also tried exporting using file>export movie, but then i just have 10 seconds of my music, also without the visuals.

Any help is welcome…

If using a Movie File Out chop you’ll need to feed the output of the TOP you wish to record into its input.

When using the Export Movie dialogue, you’ll need to reference the TOP you wish to record in the “TOP Video” field. The reason it only recorded 10 seconds is because you’ll need to specify the start and end frame manually.

Hope this helps.

thank you for replying! I’m already feeding the Movie File Out Chop with the output of the TOP i want to record, so unfortunately that isn’t the problem.
It’s just that when i want to view my exported movie, there is no image or sound. The file seems empty, eventhough i feed my movieFileOut is connected to the TOP and i’ve dropped my SoundChop in the parameter of my MovieFileOut…

Which Codec are you using? Did you try another one? The H264/H265 only work on Nvidia GPUs because they use hardware encoding.

Also, you can try the Export Movie dialog, maybe it works better for you? File > Export Movie.