Not getting a normal map from OBJ loaded with fileIn

Hello
I’m_following_this_tutorial_about_Napoleon

I_now_try_this_OBJ_from_sketchfab_,Now_it_says_unknown_attribe_N
I_tried_create_attribute,but_it_does_not_work_later_when_i_loade_from_picture_I_took_with_moviefileout.

I_also_tried_loading_an_OBJ_I_exported_from_cinema_4d,_Iget_same_problem.
Could_you_take
-a_look?_thx

napooleon myself.1.toe (13.4 KB)

I tried_with_the_Github_official_file_just_to_make_sure_it_was_not_me_not_following_properly,_same_problem

Hm, very strange. I downloaded the model, loaded the obj into your file and saved out the exr which came in fine when loaded via the pointfilein. You can download it here:

What TouchDesigner build are you using and are you on PC or MAC?

Cheers
Markus

Hi,I’m_using_a_pc_here.
TD99_33840.
ok_I_will_try_update,_since_I_still_can’t_get_normals,even_with_official_file+I_get_on_the_geo;_red_cross,_all_OP_must_generate_the_same_number_of_instances.
Let_me_update,Then_I_get_back_to_you.___sorry_keyboard_is_in_a_bad_shape_just_now

Sounds like the issue is that you can’t get the normals so the on the geometry COMP referenced TOP doesn’t have the same resolution as the operators for position for example.
Still confusing that you can’t generate the normals… don’t really undersstand why that be so different on your machine.

Cheers
Markus

Hi markus, it took me long time to crack that one, the problem is indeed from my computer, there was a switch saying eco mode on the alimentation of the computer that had been switched on accidentally. my mistake, all good now, sorry for late reply, crazy times, now living in a van with a laptop lol. thx for assistance