NotchLC videos not loading correctly

Trying to load some NotchLC assets into a movie file in TOP, and they are coming in transparent. I find that they do work on my Razer (with a RTX2080 Max-Q), but do not work on my desktop (with a WX7100). Perhaps an AMD-related issue?

Also worth noting, loading them on the WX7100 with default movie file in TOP parameters brings the system to a halt. As soon as I uncheck “Async Upload to GPU,” things seem to normalize. I do not see this happen on the RTX2080 system.

Currently working with 2020.24520 - both systems on Windows 10. Have tried both NotchLC Optimal and Excellent formats, and have tried creating the assets both in After Effects with the NLC plugin, and natively from Notch. Same results.

Any thoughts?

Hi @seabiscuit, moved this over to bugs. Just to be sure, have you updated your Radeon drivers recently, should be running version 20.x.x something.

@malcolm might have some questions or thoughts. We might need you to send us an example of your troublesome movie to support.

Thanks much, Ben. Admittedly, I am running legacy drivers on the WX7100 machine (it’s a show system). I’ll try to update later today, see if that helps, and will report back!

Well, I guess I should have tried updating drivers first - bumped up slightly to 19.Q4.1 (was going to try going up to 20.x.x in stages) and NotchLC files seem to work now! Sorry about that - your help is much appreciated!

1 Like