Nvidia RTX A5000

Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a new GPU. I am currenty working with a 2080Ti but would like to have more VRAM for more complex scenes and datasets.

I was looking at the 3090, but since it’s almost impossible to buy this card right now, I am thinking about going with an A5000. I am using a small form factor case (Dan A4), so I am limited to 2-slot cards.

Has anybody ever worked with this card before? Are there any things to consider?

Thanks!

Just moved up to the A5000. Previously using a P5000.

Great card all around - no regrets so far.

The only consideration to keep in mind is that quadro cards tend to be focused on precision for workstation applications. Great for 3D work, video editing, TouchDesigner dev, etc. That said, the consumer line is likely to perform better when it comes to games - you’ll still see better performance over the 2080 series, but the consumer cards tend to bench higher in a pure gaming context.

Only other consideration here is that connectors are display port only. The card ships with one display port to DVI connector. If you’re not all display port yet, just make sure to pick up some extra adapters.

3 Likes