Ouster OS0 support?

Hello everyone,
we are looking at updating some of our tools for some of the projects we are doing with 2D lidar to do floor tracking and would like to implement a new layer with 3D lidar tracking. The Ouster seems like a good solution for this, however the documentation specifies that it support the “The TOP currently supports an OS1-64 device using version 1.13 firmware.”. Are there any plans to implement the Ouster OS0? The greater FOV would help us get a better coverage of the room we are currently looking to track.

Thanks!

We are currently doing some fields tests for our OS0 support and expect it to be added to the official version relatively soon. Let me know if you want to try something sooner and I can get you a preview build that will work with the new firmware.

Thanks for the update @robmc , will let you know if we need sooner than the release arrives!

Any updates on this? I am also anticipating using an OS0 in a project relatively soon.

@jesgilbert I’m not sure what the schedule is for the official release at the moment, but I can get you a build anytime you need it.

We are using @robmc’s build with 4x OS0-32s and everything with the TOP is functional thus far. Have been testing for several weeks now and continuing to monitor for issues.

@robmc good to know. Has the current implementation been tested against all OS0 models? I would likely be using the OS0-64.

@dylanroscover that’s great to hear. Are you synchronizing the units via PTP?

@dylanroscover Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are working well.

@jesgilbert I don’t know if anybody has specifically tried the OS0-64, but they all work pretty much the same so I wouldn’t expect any issues. I’ve got a OS0-128 that I’ve been using for testing so I can confirm that it can handle the larger resolutions and bandwidth.

1 Like

@jesgilbert We are not syncing currently but may pursue if tracking accuracy necessitates. (At only 10-20hz frequency the sync accuracy is less of a factor than if it were higher for our particular use case.) On a somewhat related note, we can say the multi-sensor crosstalk resistance works brilliantly.

That’s very good to hear about the crosstalk resistance. Since the sensors themselves can act as PTP master clock we are definitely planning on implementing that as well.