Override CHOP Crashed TD

TD: Commercial 64-Bit Build 2021.15020

Trying to connect the “/fmMidiOscMap/merg1” output to the “/fmMidiOscMap/override1” input crashes TD. The first time it crashed, the application completely close out. Subsequent attempts cause TD to hang to a white screen and then errors out.

FlowMachine.toe (38.2 KB)
TouchDesignerCrash.2021.15020.1.dmp (379.8 KB)

Thanks, with your example I can reproduce the crash. We’ll take a look but I found a workaround for now. It doesn’t like something about the channels from merge1 being on the first input, so by grabbing a Constant CHOP and snapping all channels and making that the first input, you can then connect merge1 as the second input. Since constant1 will not change it shouldn’t effect whatever you wanted the Override CHOP to do for you. We’ll let you know when we find a fix.
FlowMachine.137.toe (39.9 KB)

Right, the issue was identically named channels being created in the Merge CHOP, which has now been fixed in builds 2021.15030 and later. Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I’ve refactored my node so that the override comes before before the OSC matching/Merge1 portion as a result of your feedback.