Parameter UI Improvements - one step further?

Hello!

Going through the long list of new features and improvements in the new official, it’s great.

Regarding the parameter UI improvements and adding/removing constant channels/uniforms/… at will, it’s great, though I wonder if it could go one step further and be closer to the customize component features, with extra features such as reordering and removing parameter other than the last one?

While developing shaders I often find myself in situtations where I have scattered extra uniforms I don’t need anymore, or wanting to reorder them.
I know I could have some scripts to manage that, but since it seems everything is in place already… :wink:

Thank you!

+1
This would be really great time saver.

In builds 2020.23090 and later you will now be able to use the Right Mouse button parameter menu to ‘Delete Parameter’ as well as Par.destroy() on any sequential parameter.

The remaining sequential parameter values in that block will be shifted up, (though the strict parameter naming sequence is still maintained).

Cheers

2 Likes

Hey Rob,

Finally trying this out, it definitely helps, any chance it could be undoable with ctrl-z? At the moment it doesn’t seem to be the case.

Thanks a lot!

edit : In addition, or to replace the undo if that’s too complicated, it would be great to have a matching “insert parameter”, that inserts an empty parameter, at the desired position!

Long overdue.
Next build will have an ‘Insert Parameter’ as well as making it and delete undoable.
2020.25550+

2 Likes

Wonderful, thank you Rob!

Oh and while I have your attention :smiley:
Another super convenient addition would be a color picker, like the one on ConstantTOPs, for vector shaders parameters.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @rob something I noticed, not sure if it has been reported, when cloning a base and then adding custom parameters to OPs in the master, these don’t get added to the clones.
Not sure if it’s easy to fix, otherwise it’s easy to recreate the clones, had me confused for a second.

Best,
Vincent