Passing Object list to C++ API

Hi,

I’ve been working on a dll that reads td object transforms from specified objects and then passes them to UE via Live Link. It’s working pretty good, though it was a bit of an learning process to get Unreal’s Builder Toolkit to generate a dll that TouchDesigner would load.

I was hoping to build out a mechanism that lets me pass a collection of objects to the plugin that then iterates through them, potentially identifies lights, cameras and regular geos and then uses livelink’s ‘role’ concept to properly package lx, cam and generic transform info.

In my working example, I have to define a separate ObjectInput parameter for every object that I want to pass to UE. If there were a way to potentially pass it a COMP and have it process all of the child objects within, that would be ideal.

Thanks

2 Likes

Can you create a Python Par in the plugin and give it a python object holding all this information? Then in the operator’s execute method call getParPython

There’s another discussion about extending some C++ features here Creating Python callbacks in Custom OPs - #2 by DavidBraun. You should add your thoughts.

I hadn’t spotted the PyObject in the headers until you mentioned them.

I’ve never worked with CPython, but it seems like an interesting solution. So I guess I’ll dig into it.

Thanks!

jeez, thats something out of my skills. for me that learning process would be too hard
if you could share something you fell is shareable Id love to explore it
totally respect your work on that, if theres something in my skillset you are missing - Id love to share too
you can check what i do on my page