Perform window only showing up on one projector

I have a single computer (intelNUC, windows 10) running the commercial version of TD with two projectors in a museum. They turn the projectors off in the evening and when they turn them back on again the perform window is only on one projector.

Restarting the TOE file after the projectors are on solves the issue, but is there a setting or trick within TD that can resolve this automatically?

My next option is to use Windows Task Schedule to start TD AFTER the projectors have been turned on… Normally I would be controlling the projectors automatically as well, but these are not professional projectors so it is a bit difficult to pull that off.

Usually I address this sort of thing by having a script that simply has this in it:

ui.performMode = False
ui.performMode = True

Sometimes you might have to put a delay in before going back to perform mode, but I believe I’ve been able to do it like this recently. Then its just a matter of when to run that script and how.

edit I think the MonitorsDAT’s callback can work for this as well to make it more automated since it has an onDisplayChange() callback.

1 Like

@archo-p hmmm well there are two projectors, that will get turned on in succession, so I’ll have two monitor change events… a true/false flag wouldn’t work.

unless every time there was a monitor change I set the flag to false and then true again?

seems like I need a way check to see if two monitors are connected and then set the ui.performMode = True

def onDisplayChange(dat):
	if (op('monitors1')[2,0]):
		ui.performMode = True
	return

this seems to work with the monitors DAT

but maybe I should turn off perform mode before running the check for two monitors, that way I can have TD always start in perform mode (in case of a reboot while projectors are already on), but then as the projectors get turned on it will drop out of perform mode and then back in with the second one.

like this:

def onDisplayChange(dat):
	ui.performMode = False
	if (op('monitors1')[2,0]):
		ui.performMode = True
	return

Hi,

I would better go for an EDID manager or force EDID on outputs if possible (needs a pro GPU card like a Quadro)

1 Like

That technique sounds good @tomsepe_212781. I do fully agree with @Gallo though that for an install hardware EDID managers are a really great thing to use, not sure about newer signal formats these days, but I have a bin full of DVI detectives that used to be quite useful, not sure where things are at with UHD/DisplayPort solutions or if it matters to your case.

1 Like

hey Tom!

I always mess with this issue too. The path you are taking is not really that bad, it’s sort of a band-aid to the real issue, channels dropping out and popping back in.

@Gallo and @archo-p are correct the better way is to lock the outputs so they never change in windows. OD used to use DVI-detective, or lock the EDID in the Gefen switcher. I don’t think you can lock the edid on the NUC itself though.