Hi! I still have mostly the same problem, searching for a solution, and it seems that for Version 2.1.46 of widgets (or some other specifics) it doesn’t work.
I made an interface for a midi controller using 56 widgets (knobs, vertical and momentary) by replicating them several times.
- Using direct midi binding inside the .toe I get significant fps drop (60->15) when interacting with physical elements.
- Using touchOut-touchIn TCP (2 .toe instances) with binding I get a constant drop (60->22).
Probe shows that the most consuming elements are:
In all replicated Knobs:
- block1/knob1/overlay COMP
- block1/knob1/knob0/knobWidgetShader GLSL TOP
- block1/knob1/knob0/knobRotateScale DAT
In all replicated Vertical sliders:
4. block2/sliderVert/overlay COMP
5. block2/sliderVert/numericValue0/text (when Field Display turned off - doesn’t give a load)
6. block2/sliderVert/slider0/slider GLSL Multi TOP (+ flip TOP and over TOP nearby)
In all replicated Buttons:
7. block3/button1/overlay COMP
8. block3/button1/button0/text COMP
Testing the sketch with lfo channels results in the same frame drop as the TouchIn. Do you know what may be the reason for such slowdown?
LaunchControlXL_new.toe (3.0 MB)