Please help me. Display 50 text sequentially every 3 minutes and repeat indefinitely

hello.
I’m a bit new to the text part of Touch Designer.
I want to display 50 texts sequentially every 3 minutes and repeat them indefinitely. Could you help me please, very urgent. :sob:

Hi @kimganghee,

sounds like a good job for the Timer CHOP. Save all the text in a Table DAT with each text element to be displayed as a sepereate row. Appand a Select DAT to be able to select a row by index.
Now for the Timer CHOP, set the Length to 180 seconds and enable Cycle and disable Cycle Limit. When you start the Timer CHOP it will run for 180 seconds (3 minutes) and then just repeat.
To select the right row from the Table DAT, use the timer_fraction channel from the Timer CHOP and a Math CHOP to rerange the values from 0-1 to 0-[number of rows in the Table DAT]. Now you can use this channel to control the Start Row Index and End Row Index parameters in the Select DAT.

Hope this helps
Markus

Wow! That’s the answer I was looking for! :star_struck:
Thank you very much for your kind information.
If you don’t mind, can I also get the ‘toe.’ file of the image you uploaded?

Hey @kimganghee,

textTimer.tox (2.9 KB)

Hope that helps
Markus

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
I couldn’t have done it without you. :hearts:

May I ask you one more question?
Is there a way to do Line Breaking when putting long text in table dat? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi @kimganghee,

You can use \n in the text but need to enable the Legacy Parsing parameter in the Text TOP.

Hope this helps
Markus

1 Like