Point Cloud Instancing Texture

Hi!
So I did the great tutorials by Markus Heckmann about Point Clouds in Touchdesigner, but I came across a problem that might be quite easy to solve.
I have a Landscape as a Point Cloud and I’m instancing it with circles in the geometry COMP. When I add the color data of the point cloud to the color instancing page of the COMP the pixels are not at the right position and therefore the landscape is not recognizeable. How would I reorder the texture information in the right way?
Thanks in advance!

Here’s a link to the Files: https://we.tl/t-IA7JAegtPJ

The problem is that you must have (as in kinect point cloud) the same physical repartition in the point cloud texture as in the color texture and also the same number of pixels… One solution is to reorder the point cloud. With compute shader you can do that but is not trivial. Another solution is using GLSL Mat, and assigning the color depending of the point position. In any case you have to make a function between physical position (latitude and longitude) and the position in the texture.
I am preparing a tutorial with the first solution but its not ready for the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for the superfast answer! Makes sense. I was wrapping my head around it all day, but I wasn’t quite sure where to start. Looking forward to the tutorial!