Possibility to identify which object being rendered when overriding the material in the RenderTOP

Hi there,

I’m not entirely sure this request is possible in practice, but anyways here I go :slightly_smiling_face:
I would like to know, when using the ‘Override material’ option in the renderTOP, which object is being rendered inside my material shader.
Right now what I’m doing is adding a PointSOP to every object in the scene which attaches an integer to all the vertices. Which is a bit tricky since those indices need to be unique per object (right now I’m looking them up in a table). Also the need to add a pointSOP to every object is a bit annoying.

So would it be possible when using the overridematerial that it automatically assigns a vertex property with an ID? For example pointing to the order of the ‘world’ parameter, or outputting the order with an infoDAT?

The use case right now is a post effect component to render object based motion blur, which would be great if it could work without changing the geometry.

Cheers,
tim

1 Like

It’s not possible right now, but I can see the value in it. A way to have a per-object value that gets passed to the override material so you can differentiate between them. However I’m unsure how we’d assign/choose that value in a way thats easy and dependable…