Problem with PBR alpha values

I have two Geos that are grids with a TOP mapped to a PBR.

The bottom Geo is a non-transparent video. The upper geo is to resemble text, made from a Text TOP. Although I want to see through the text to the video below. I thought I cracked the alpha mapping on the PBR but it makes the Geo below disappear. Drawing priority of the Geos changes nothing.

Is there a better way to apply a TOP to a Geo? Or what should I do regarding the alpha values?

here i attach a small file with the same problem

bit [dot] ly/videotexttoe

Not able to open your file right now, but off the top of my head:

• what transparency mode are you using on your render top? this will affect it:

• do you have blending enabled on the ‘common’ tab of your pbr? this should be enabled on the first two above modes, but disabled on the alpha-to-coverage (see Transparency - Derivative < this is pretty much required reading if you want to use transparent textures in TD)

• play with the ‘discard pixels based on alpha’ setting on the MATs too

• remember that draw order only works between peer Geos, it’s not absolute/global

EDIT: opened your file, looks like you didn’t have blending enabled on the text Geo’s PBR on the ‘common’ tab…

1 Like

Thank you! Fixed it two ways between the transparency mode in render TOP and enabling blending in PBR.