Python for setting "startPerform"

Not a big one here.

Currently working on a little helper that preps a project to go live. One piece that I’m currently automating that’s a little cumbersome is setting the start in perform on the window placement dialogue.

win-placement

Doing a little digging, I can see that there’s a table called newSettings that’s collapsed into a string that looks like it’s then run with a TScript command stashing those variables in a the TScript variable winplacement.

My current work around is going to be to check the state of that little button, and toggle it if I need to.

op('/ui/dialogs/dialog_winplacement/startPerform/button').panel.state

It would sure be swell if start in perform mode was as python member in the project or ui class.

I should add that the windows placement dialogue looks like it’s created on demand - so a method or member to handle starting in perform would certainly be helpful.

uiuiui - @raganmd - very nice find… digging into it i uncovered some nice ts#$@pt command:

winplacement perform.start = 1

There is a whole bunch of winplacement functionailty you might be interested in that context: Tscript Commands - Derivative

Hope you are doing very well!
cheers
Markus

1 Like

Personaly I have automated the perform mode start using a simple python line
op(‘perform’).par.performance.pulse()

@snaut - perfect! Thinking though some pieces here there’s a way I can work with this.

@jacqueshoepffner - I’m right there with you. On a typical project that’s what I would do as well, but this time a firing perform mode from a script is actually what I’m trying to avoid doing.