Questions about the osc connection between Blender3d and TouchDesigner

I am trying to send numerical values ​​to Blender from TouchDesigner, (I am trying to use osc out). I used ‘nodeosc’ in the blender addon, but the values ​​are not transmitted well, so I hope you get some advice on this.

Hi @um38ss,

what are your settings on the OSCOut CHOP and can you communicate from Blender to TouchDesigner?

Cheers
Markus

The addon that can osc in Blender is called ‘nodeosc’, so I found it, installed it, and tested it.

From Blender to Touch Designer, data values ​​seem to pass.
However, data values ​​do not pass from TouchDesigner to Blender.

I can’t figure out how I setting it in oscout node.

Hi @um38ss,

have you tried a different port and checked in the firewall settings that TouchDesigner is allowed to send out on UDP?

cheers
Markus

I have also a question for those who are more experienced with the connection between TD and Blender:

Is it possible to time-sync and record OSC data that is streamed from TD to Blender?

What I would like to achieve is audioreactive motion graphics by using TD for generating the position- and general transformation values to move an object in Blender but then do further modelling and Cycles-rendering in Blender (not realtime of course…)

原作者在GitHub中给出了教程,在youtube上,你需要设置你本地的ip地址,在local address那里点击设置你的ip地址,设置对应的port。

Hey,

I had the same problem. I went to do some research and I believe it has something to do how touchdesigners osc chop is set up. It puts out the data as a constant stream.

So When you change Data Format in the OSC Out Chop to Sample you should be able to recieve it in Blender.

Hopefully I wasn’t to late with my answer.

Good Luck

Alan