Realsense 455 Mac M1

EY! Having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use the realsense 455 with my M1 mac. Does anyone have a good tutorial/reading/etc with any info on getting this this set up?

thanks!

Intel has stopped further development of RealSense on macOS as they are now winding down that division of the company. As a result, the last targeted version of macOS was 10.13.2 (though it did work on Intel Macs through macOS11).

We don’t see much of a chance of this SDK being updated for Apple Silicon at this stage unfortunately.

We did miss this point when releasing 2022 and will add it to the ‘Known Issues’ of our release notes. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the info! Damn, should have done some more research! Ill give it a try on my old mac, but unfortunately the tradeoff is how hard TD makes the old mac work haha!

Are there any mac alternatives? The kinect also doesnt seem to give much more data than a webcam with my mac. (probably user error as well though haha)

Our Kinect support is based on the official Microsoft SDK for which there is no macOS version, so you aren’t doing anything wrong, Kinect is just not support on macOS.